Ready to be merry and enjoy family time and visits with old friends visiting town? Us too, but don’t forget about fire safety this holiday season. Christmas trees, candles and Christmas lights can all be hazards that could lead to a fire. Here are a few tips:
- If you purchase a real tree, make sure that it has fresh, green needles that aren’t easily broken.
- Keep live trees as moist as possible by giving them plenty of water.
- Check Christmas lights or electric trees for damaged electrical cords or exposed wires, and buy new if needed.
- Don’t forget to unplug the tree and blow out any holiday candles before bed.
- Be sure to check your smoke alarm batteries, and test the alarms to make sure they are functional. Batteries should be replaced once a year.
- Double-check your fire extinguisher is not expired or has been refilled, and is easily accessible.
We at EXIT Sands Realty would like to wish you a safe and wonderful Christmas!